An Izzi Weekend

|
Weekend of 26th Jan ~ 28th Jan

Friday


After a long day (and week) of work, I decided to chill out and wanted to let loose all my woes and wicked worries off my tired back. So I called up a few buddies and we decided to head to a friend’s apartment in Mount Kiara to chill out. Literally. The first thing we did there was to jump straight into the blissful blue of the apartment pool but as usual, we did not anticipate the ‘coolness’ of the pool and we found out that the waters was freakin’ freezing. No matter, the pool was too good to ignore, I mean it has a damn bar in the middle of the pool, how cool is that? That night the bar was closed and no one was there to attend it, so we took it to our own and made contorted concoctions of Coke with Nescafe and beer with Hershey’s chocolate syrup. Let me tell you the drinks are NOT recommended (it gives you severe gas, and being in the pool with this problem make you look like you are breathing from your behind with all those bubbles shooting out from the water). Satisfied with our bubbly underwater musical, we chilled out at the pool decks and took in the rooftop view of the crescent moon with slight joinings of silvery clouds and joyful interruptions of rain drizzles. Cool, calm and caressed by bliss, I was in rooftop heaven.

Halfway through our voyage to heaven, it started to rain pretty heavily but what the heck, we were having too much fun so we bummed at the pool bar all to our own until midnight. Of course being a swimming pool and raining, it was kinda chilly and having to be half naked from 8pm until midnight in freezing waters, I got back home and had the sneezies. Being the weakling that I am, off goes the air-conditioning and off to bed at 2am.

Saturday


Well let me tell you about THIS Saturday. It started off slowly as I woke up at ‘noon and being the fool that I am, I went to the office to pump up my OT amounts and of course worked off some office assignments. Took off at around 5pm and went straight to Ampang to hang out with SL. SL had RM40 of Nando’s vouchers; we decided to spend the entire RM40 that night. Off to KLCC and I ordered a whole half chicken with rice and chips for myself, and she had a quarter chicken with salad and chips. Actually I suggested ordering a Platter which can easily feed 4 mal-nutrition refugees, but I decided to be humble and settle for a half chicken instead.

We chitchatted and grubbed all the food without hesitation (at least I had no hesitation anyway), but it seems it was not enough. Our demanding CEO of cuisine provisions operations (also known as our stomach) was crying out for more, so we headed off to Genki Sushi to nip and tuck. Now if this was a movie, this part would be where the big fight scenes occur, where the good guy fights the bad guy, where the climax of any movie takes place. Because in this movie, just when I was about to leave Genki Sushi, the ‘Director of the movie’ (or God in this case) decided to make things interesting. When I was walking towards the door and looking down at my bill and happily calculating the discount given from Citibank, I smashed right in front of the glass door and caused a shockwave of glass tremors measuring 9.0 on the Richter scale all across the Genki Peninsular. But honestly speaking, my head or whatever DID NOT hit the glass, only MY FOOT hit the glass so in a way I DID NOT HIT THE BLOODY GLASS!!! *sigh* I’M NEVER GOING BACK THERE EVER AGAIN!!!!

Walking around KLCC in a piss-off mood, I decided to abandon KLCC for the night and we headed up to Saga Hill to take in some fresh air and enjoy the view of the KL skyline. We minum-minum until 12:30am and then headed back to SL’s house to watch Man Utd Vs Portsmouth which Man Utd won with contributions by Rooney’s spectacular goals. After that, it was good nite until Sunday.

Sunday



It’s the main event of the weekend whereby me, V, S, and SL went to this Izzi Restaurant very near to Lot 10 and stuffed ourselves silly with some pretty good Italian food. The place was kinda pricey but you see, they were having this promotion for Citibank credit cards and they were dishing out 60% discounts on the final bill!!! So we let loose our taste buds and pull away our wallet restrictions to order as many dishes as possible. In the end, we over ordered and over eaten but left satisfied with the place. Overall the deco was nice with an interesting toilet design to boot plus good service, I have to say this place is indeed recommended!!!!

Left the restaurant at 9pm, but the night was mighty young. Hence, what to do what to do? We tried to ‘sing K’ but their package offerings were RM35 for dinner and non-stop singing per pax!! As we had our dinners, we abandoned this plan and headed to the nearest Dome café to chill out ‘till 11pm. We talked ‘kok’ a lot and discussed on our planned trip to Bali, but as usual, nothing concrete was mentioned and continued to ‘kok’ until laughing like drunken hyenas high on the best drug in the world: Happiness.

Dome reached its closing time, we reached our point of satisfied ‘kok’-ness and decided to adjourn for the night, thus adjourned for the weekend that was indeed, Izzi.

0 FEEDBACKS:

From the Corner - A Musical Companion


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones